Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Beware the "all natural" claims on food products

More and more companies have been using the term "all natural" on their products. For those of us who are looking for healthier choices, this may seem confusing. After all, how can everything suddenly become "all natural"? And what does that term mean?

I found a great article on the subject on the website Newstarget.com that I wanted to share. Please read it by clicking below:

http://www.NewsTarget.com/021937.html

Now more than ever, it behooves us to become good label readers. For those who suffer from food sensitivites, it becomes really important. I'm reminded of the time when I purchased sugar-free cookies because they did not contain aspartame. It wasn't until I developed diahhrea that I checked the label again, and learned that it contained sorbitol. No more sugar-free for me!

No comments: